We’re just happy everyone will get an extra holiday
Published at 21:20, Wednesday, 02 February 2011
WHEN Laura Pearson heard about the royal engagement she was sure the wedding date wouldn’t clash with her wedding to Kevin Murphy on April 30.
At the time the couple, from Carlisle, were just organising invitations and letting guests know the date of their wedding at Armathwaite Hall Hotel.
Laura and Kevin, who met through friends at a New Year’s Eve party five years ago, haven’t changed their plans as a result of the announcement although they’re pleased there will be a Bank Holiday before and after their wedding day as guests will be travelling from Germany, Bristol and Manchester.
“I was a bit worried that it would be around the time of our wedding,” says Laura, 23. “I thought it couldn’t be on the same day though as it’s after Easter and people were predicting it would be in June.
“My dad sent me a text to say they had copied us.
“I wasn’t too annoyed when the date was announced though. I was happy about the extra Bank Holiday for people to travel.
“It will be nice to share the weekend with them.”
When the royal wedding date was announced Laura and Kevin had already booked the main aspects of their wedding and haven’t changed any of their plans as a result.
Laura, a legal secretary, has always loved Armathwaite Hall Hotel, Bassenthwaite and knew she wanted to get married there so when she asked for available dates and April 30 was one of the choices she thought it was ideal as there was a Bank Holiday on the Monday.
Laura hopes she’ll get chance to watch the royal wedding as she prepares for her own special day.
Laura and Kevin got engaged in November 2009 when Kevin, 26, booked a surprise weekend in Edinburgh and proposed in their hotel room overlooking Edinburgh Castle.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Carlisle Leisure boss does not intend to stand still in retirement
- Brampton bridge club news
- Concern over Cumbria millionaire’s woodland path restrictions (14 comments)
- Cockermouth double at orienteering final event
- Doncaster chief wants payback against Whitehaven for heavy defeat
- Cultural events this Christmas around Brampton
- Cumbrian hotel boss's cycle challenge in memory of staff member
- Great rugby at U10 festival
- Fitness expert Daniel gives Workington outdoor gym the thumbs-up (4 comments)