We’re just happy everyone will get an extra holiday
Published at 21:20, Wednesday, 02 February 2011
WHEN Laura Pearson heard about the royal engagement she was sure the wedding date wouldn’t clash with her wedding to Kevin Murphy on April 30.
At the time the couple, from Carlisle, were just organising invitations and letting guests know the date of their wedding at Armathwaite Hall Hotel.
Laura and Kevin, who met through friends at a New Year’s Eve party five years ago, haven’t changed their plans as a result of the announcement although they’re pleased there will be a Bank Holiday before and after their wedding day as guests will be travelling from Germany, Bristol and Manchester.
“I was a bit worried that it would be around the time of our wedding,” says Laura, 23. “I thought it couldn’t be on the same day though as it’s after Easter and people were predicting it would be in June.
“My dad sent me a text to say they had copied us.
“I wasn’t too annoyed when the date was announced though. I was happy about the extra Bank Holiday for people to travel.
“It will be nice to share the weekend with them.”
When the royal wedding date was announced Laura and Kevin had already booked the main aspects of their wedding and haven’t changed any of their plans as a result.
Laura, a legal secretary, has always loved Armathwaite Hall Hotel, Bassenthwaite and knew she wanted to get married there so when she asked for available dates and April 30 was one of the choices she thought it was ideal as there was a Bank Holiday on the Monday.
Laura hopes she’ll get chance to watch the royal wedding as she prepares for her own special day.
Laura and Kevin got engaged in November 2009 when Kevin, 26, booked a surprise weekend in Edinburgh and proposed in their hotel room overlooking Edinburgh Castle.
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Progress on Solway area's wetlands preservation
- Jammin with the WI
- My heart never wavered – there’s only one King
- Brampton area location for director's London festival film
- Plan for a milestone on life’s exciting journey
- A much-loved revival
- Hot ideas to warm up your taste buds this bonfire night
- Census returns
- Interest rate deals a new blow to hard-hit pensioners
- Brampton power plant for community ‘in two years’
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Pixie homes return to Brampton woods
- Tesco pledges inquiry after live fly trapped in sealed cake box (30 comments)
- Good old British weather
- Some tight finishes as county titles are decided
- Carlisle hammer thrower Nick Miller on food, fitness, his American dream and going for gold
- Candice Burrows and Matthew Lancaster
- Exciting times ahead for Barrow AFC
- Councillors fail to hear fire plea
- Brampton Shops Announce Shop Local Christmas Prize Draws