Two-year ban for Cumbrian drink-drive chef
Last updated at 14:38, Thursday, 19 April 2012
A chef was caught nearly three times the drink-drive limit after downing wine on an empty stomach.
Emma Lorraine Jackson, 39, was stopped by police on patrol in Castle Carrock on March 31 shortly before 10.30pm.
Carlisle magistrates heard how they stopped the car and spoke to Jackson and found her speech slurred.
Prosecutor Pam Ward said Jackson was given a roadside breath test, which she failed.
When breathlaysed again at the police station she was found to have 97mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath – nearly three times the legal limit of 35mg.
Defence solicitor Nigel Beeson said Jackson worked long hours as a chef at the Blacksmith Arms in Talkin, near Brampton.
She had drunk a couple of glasses of wine but had not eaten much during the day and had worked a long shift.
He said Jackson, of Newbiggin, Heads Nook, was sorry for what she had done.
She’d had a “long and stressful day” and was “deeply ashamed of her actions and her stupidity.”
Mr Beeson said the driving ban would cause Jackson, a mother of two, great difficulties and make it difficult to get to and from work.
The magistrates were given a letter from her doctor and other documents to consider.
Jackson, who admitted drink-driving, was banned from driving for two years and fined £500, plus £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 11:28, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Tesco planning Brampton store (25 comments)
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- News from Brampton Parish Council
- Companies responsible for driving
- Haven fixtures and results 2011
- Young Brampton Players rehearsing for mini tour
- Adviser helps pair to cook up their recipe for success
- Carlisle United reveal £1.2 million loss (3 comments)
- Beauty with Julie Morgan
- How news of Michael Jackson's death exploded across the internet