Tough test for Seaton
Published at 01:00, Friday, 27 October 2006
Whitehaven Amateurs 0
IN THE U8s league, Seaton faced their toughest game of the season on Saturday when they hosted Whitehaven Amateurs.
Seaton didn’t play to the best of their abilities in the first half and although it was end to end football, the score was 0-0 at the break thanks to the strong defences.
Things were different in the second half when Seaton put in a much improved performance and Lewis Brown found the back of the net with a spectacular shot. Good goalkeeping from the Whitehaven keeper kept out any more chances and outstanding defending from Seaton’s Andrew Shakespeare meant that Seaton were never really troubled in front of goal.
Man of the match - Lewis Brown.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- CN Group Business Awards finalists are revealed
- Consequences could end fouling
- Clock is ticking for iconic Coronation Hall in Ulverston
- Achievements deserve praise
- Santon Bridge WI
- Speedway fans issue rallying cry to save Workington Comets
- Cumbria health chief's claims of Hillsborough cover up acknowledged at last
- Making the grade
- Competition winner’s feeling mighty grand!
- Brampton pupils cheer on Bradley Wiggins in Tour de France
- Tesco planning Brampton store (25 comments)
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Speed Watch scheme to be restarted in north Cumbrian town
- Cumbrian mini-housing estate that's certainly elf-build
- Carlisle United face replay after failing to beat non-league Grays Athletic
- Brampton nostalgia: A History in Pictures
- Cumbrian teen drug dealer’s assets seized
- No pain no gain
- Service needs to provide answers (1 comment)
- Archery - With Real Bows and Arrows, and a Virtual Baby!