Tough test for Seaton
Published at 01:00, Friday, 27 October 2006
Whitehaven Amateurs 0
IN THE U8s league, Seaton faced their toughest game of the season on Saturday when they hosted Whitehaven Amateurs.
Seaton didn’t play to the best of their abilities in the first half and although it was end to end football, the score was 0-0 at the break thanks to the strong defences.
Things were different in the second half when Seaton put in a much improved performance and Lewis Brown found the back of the net with a spectacular shot. Good goalkeeping from the Whitehaven keeper kept out any more chances and outstanding defending from Seaton’s Andrew Shakespeare meant that Seaton were never really troubled in front of goal.
Man of the match - Lewis Brown.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Woollen Mill boss accused of damaging protected Cumbrian woods
- Oh, for an injury free season
- Young bands feel the blues as Maryport festival gets underway
- The Banquet Returns
- International Airbrush Artist Wins Scottish 1st
- Thieves raid vehicles
- Cancelled - One Show Live from Brampton
- Are Roxanne's sexy schoolgirl pictures in poor taste?
- Talkin Tarn rowing club on track to raise boat shed cash
- Facebook bullies vilify Carlisle single mum (1 comment)
- Fruitless search for Helen Skelton nude pictures
- 14 new homes planned (3 comments)
- Rugby league World Cup could boost Cumbrian economy by millions - claim
- Worst website of the year award
- Drugs found in back of car
- Workington is a no-go area due to parking
- Taking a risk for greater tax relief
- Don’t let bad debt management ruin your life
- Unreadable road signs
- VIDEO: ‘Sky walking? I usually take a plane’