Social swim session planned for Talkin Tarn
Last updated at 11:52, Saturday, 28 April 2012
A social swim has been organised at Brampton’s latest swimming hotspot.
The event on May 12 has been organised at Talkin Tarn by open water swim group, Wild about Swimming. It is aimed at people of all abilities, and offers the chance to meet like-minded enthusiasts or to take the plunge for the first time.
Pauline Squire, organiser, said that she read about the chance to now swim in the tarn, but felt the available hours limited the number of people who might want to dive in.
She explained: “As a pilot, Wild about Swimming have set up a social swim to show off the new venue and its facilities, and of course have a fab swim too.
“Swimmers so far are coming from all round the country – some travelling four or five hours to swim there.”
Pauline added: “Open water swimming is on the rise and Wild about Swimming is about getting swimmers safely through the transition from pool to open water, and to create a network of swimmers to swim with.”
The event is open to everyone, regardless of age or ability. Anyone is welcome to participate or simply come and view their friends and family having a dip.
For more information, or to register your interest, call Pauline on 07946 498923, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or search for Wild about Swimming on Facebook.
First published at 08:59, Saturday, 28 April 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Excitement growing as Cumbria prepares for Tour of Britain race
- Health salaries simply shocking
- Legacy has to be a more positive outlook
- Develop a taste for Cumbria’s West Coast
- Fab 50s night
- Solar firm teams up with American giants
- Bill for addicts far too much
- Brampton pupils to help out in orphanage during Tanzania trip
- Rachel Anne Lamb and James Andrew Coates
- Cumbria Humanist Group
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Cumbrian mum, 49, looking forward to New Year's Eve baby
- News from Brampton Parish Council
- Cheryl Gartland and David Smith
- Brampton and Beyond Community Trust news
- Hospital opening times
- Brampton residents celebrate after threat of new homes removed
- Gerry and Kate McCann and the power of faith
- New chairman and three directors announced
- Shop Local: Find out what Brampton shops have to offer