Sarah Simpson and Alister Edgar
Last updated at 09:52, Thursday, 06 August 2009
Sarah Simpson, 33, a police officer and Alister Edgar, 28, a farmer, live in Wigton
HOW THEY MET: On a night out in Carlisle in August 2006.
PROPOSAL: In a Gondola on The Grande Canal in Venice in August 2007. Sarah’s mother Jean Simpson had given Alister her engagement ring to give to Sarah.
VENUE: St Peter’s Church, Kirkbampton.
THEME: Gold and green winter theme.
BRIDE’S OUTFIT: A Maggie Sottero light gold strapless dress with beading and crystals embroidered onto the train and a champagne veil with diamantes from the Wedding Warehouse, Carlisle.
A gold tiara from the internet.
GROOMSMEN: Friend Mark Hendren was best man and ushers were the groom’s brother-in-law Matthew Waning and friend Chris Lidgey. Sarah’s son Joshua Thompson and Alister’s nephew Harvey Moss were page boys. They wore black suits with light coffee ties and white waistcoats from Greenwoods, Carlisle.
BRIDESMAIDS: The bride’s sister Abby Waning was maid of honour and wore a gold dress with cream fur stole from Debenhams and Alister’s niece Olivia Moss was flower girl and wore a white dress from BHS.
FLOWERS: The bride carried a bouquet of champagne roses and ivy by the bride’s mother Jean Simpson.
TRANSPORT: A dark blue Jaguar owned by neighbour Scott Johnston.
RECEPTION: Hundith Hill Hotel, Cockermouth, for 50 guests during the day and 120 guests for the evening reception.
TABLE SETTINGS: Large church candles in bowls, surrounded by green and gold flowers by the bride’s mother Jean Simpson.
FAVOURS: Small packets of Love Hearts and green and gold chocolates scattered on the tables.
CAKE: A three-tier round fruit cake decorated with green and gold flowers and ivy, by the bride’s mother Jean Simpson.
FIRST DANCE: Everything I Do, Bryan Adams.
ENTERTAINMENT: Disco provided by a family friend and music by two local singers.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Tom Kay, Wigton.
First published at 21:11, Wednesday, 05 August 2009
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Beauty with Julie Morgan
- Rooftop cafe plan to revive Brampton's Moot Hall (1 comment)
- Memories of Brampton
- Brampton woman wins award for protecting red squirrels
- Therapist in fundraising bid for Philippines family
- Open Spaces at William Howard School
- Bike rides for all this autumn
- News round-up
- Postponements causing fixture headache in Tesco Cumberland league
- Cybermoor open day cancelled
- Shop Local: Find out what Brampton shops have to offer
- Brampton Shops Announce Shop Local Christmas Prize Draws
- New Cockermouth hospital changes hands
- Workington amateur dramatics pair on song in awards
- Asparagus – the king of British luxury foods
- Historic Cumbrian building on view before major revamp
- Carlisle to stage its biggest night of pro-wrestling
- Vandal attack on Cumbrian school being probed by police
- Beauty with Julie Morgan
- Brampton nostalgia: A History in Pictures