League serves up new West Allerdale and Copeland cup
Last updated at 08:14, Friday, 24 April 2009
THE West Allerdale and Copeland Cricket Association have brought in a brand new cup competition for 2009.
The Downtown Deli Cup will replace the Trout Cup and Challenge Vase and will be played over 24 overs.
Players will be limited to bowling three overs and must retire upon reaching 30 runs.
The new cup competition gets under way week commencing June 15 with the final at Cleator CC on July 27.
The league expressed thanks to new sponsor The Downtown Deli, of Falcon Place, Workington.
The 2008 Kirkland Carpets Plate final took place at Falcon Field, Egremont, on on Easter Sunday following poor weather last year.
Cleator won the final with victories over Isel and Baggrow Two.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 23 April 2009
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Workington penthouses on market
- Nick Shill's wine blog
- International Airbrush Artist Wins Scottish 1st
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Relaunch for Brampton's Salvage and Stitch
- Woollen Mill boss accused of damaging protected Cumbrian woods
- Oh, for an injury free season
- Young bands feel the blues as Maryport festival gets underway
- The Banquet Returns
- Gallery closes for building work
- Fruitless search for Helen Skelton nude pictures
- 14 new homes planned (3 comments)
- Rugby league World Cup could boost Cumbrian economy by millions - claim
- Worst website of the year award
- Drugs found in back of car
- Workington is a no-go area due to parking
- Taking a risk for greater tax relief
- Busy schedule for Brampton residents
- Don’t let bad debt management ruin your life
- News from Brampton Parish Council