League serves up new West Allerdale and Copeland cup
Last updated at 08:14, Friday, 24 April 2009
THE West Allerdale and Copeland Cricket Association have brought in a brand new cup competition for 2009.
The Downtown Deli Cup will replace the Trout Cup and Challenge Vase and will be played over 24 overs.
Players will be limited to bowling three overs and must retire upon reaching 30 runs.
The new cup competition gets under way week commencing June 15 with the final at Cleator CC on July 27.
The league expressed thanks to new sponsor The Downtown Deli, of Falcon Place, Workington.
The 2008 Kirkland Carpets Plate final took place at Falcon Field, Egremont, on on Easter Sunday following poor weather last year.
Cleator won the final with victories over Isel and Baggrow Two.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 23 April 2009
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- William Howard closing early today
- Homes Under the Hammer visits Brampton
- Dragons' Den star quiet on Lake District hotel purchase
- Carlisle Airport revamp will boost business, says Stobart boss Andrew Tinkler
- Plea to back Brampton producers at weekly market stall
- Eat for half price at the Howard Arms
- Glowing Ofsted inspection for William Howard School in Brampton
- Petition calls for rethink of Brampton recycle site closure plan
- Town Twinning Plans for 2012
- Alarm over cough stats
- Teenage Cumbrian motorcyclist airlifted after crash
- Man charged with having extreme animal porn images
- England place
- Prince Edward visits Cumbria's New Balance trainer factory
- Magic in the air at Cumbrian wood
- What happened to the golden age?
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Armed stand-off at Brampton pub
- Memories of Brampton
- Cumbrian MP David Maclean to step down at General Election