Vegetable Growing Course - places still available
Last updated at 11:18, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Places are still available for a course in vegetable growing which is due to start in Brampton next month.
Brampton Food Network has teamed up with David Haigh, previously head of horticulture at Newton Rigg, to develop an eight week course with weekly sessions covering such topics such as pest control, soil improvement, dealing with weeds and growing from seedlings.
The numbers are limited to 12 people and the cost is £80 per person for the full eight week course.
Gareth Thomas, co-ordinator with the Brampton Food Network, said: "This is an ideal course for anybody who wants to get more out of their allotment or veg patch. There will also be an opportunity for the group to visit gardens and allotments to share problems and get expert advice."
If you are interested please email: email@example.com or call 016977 45022 as soon as possible.
First published at 12:47, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.bramptonlocal.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- WITH VIDEO: Dalton garage staff surprised as cheeky monkey checks in to refuel (51 comments)
- Call to dual A69 road after head-on crash near Brampton (22 comments)
- Headteacher suspended from Cumbrian school
- Penrith: Wednesday August 26
- Beauty with Julie Morgan
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after Ulverston crash
- Karl takes on his own Kiwis
- Brampton group’s members game for a good time
- Therapist in fundraising bid for Philippines family