Vegetable Growing Course - places still available
Last updated at 11:18, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Places are still available for a course in vegetable growing which is due to start in Brampton next month.
Brampton Food Network has teamed up with David Haigh, previously head of horticulture at Newton Rigg, to develop an eight week course with weekly sessions covering such topics such as pest control, soil improvement, dealing with weeds and growing from seedlings.
The numbers are limited to 12 people and the cost is £80 per person for the full eight week course.
Gareth Thomas, co-ordinator with the Brampton Food Network, said: "This is an ideal course for anybody who wants to get more out of their allotment or veg patch. There will also be an opportunity for the group to visit gardens and allotments to share problems and get expert advice."
If you are interested please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 016977 45022 as soon as possible.
First published at 12:47, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.bramptonlocal.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Magic in the air at Cumbrian wood
- Teenage Cumbrian motorcyclist airlifted after crash
- William Howard closing early today
- Homes Under the Hammer visits Brampton
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Carlisle Airport revamp will boost business, says Stobart boss Andrew Tinkler
- Armed stand-off at Brampton pub
- Man charged with having extreme animal porn images
- England place
- Prince Edward visits Cumbria's New Balance trainer factory