Athlete Anna Carries the Torch
Last updated at 07:41, Monday, 25 June 2012
"It was an amazing experience and so many people turned out to support all of us" said Anna Nicholson, 17, who was nominated by Carlisle City Council after winning both Carlisle and Cumbria Disability Performance of the year Awards in 2011.
Anna a pupil at William Howard School in Brampton, has also holds both the under 18 national records for discus and shot.
She competed in the Olympic stadium in May and won gold in the ambulant discus and bronze in the ambulant shot.
Carrying the torch from West Tower Street to Bitts Park on Wednesday was quite an experience, and her place was well deserved.
“It was a great opportunity to carry the torch and be part of the Olympic and Paralympic games”.
First published at 19:43, Sunday, 24 June 2012
Published by http://www.bramptonlocal.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Magic in the air at Cumbrian wood
- Teenage Cumbrian motorcyclist airlifted after crash
- William Howard closing early today
- Homes Under the Hammer visits Brampton
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Carlisle Airport revamp will boost business, says Stobart boss Andrew Tinkler
- Armed stand-off at Brampton pub
- Man charged with having extreme animal porn images
- England place
- Prince Edward visits Cumbria's New Balance trainer factory