Fletcher wins BodyFit race at Cockermouth
Last updated at 08:28, Friday, 16 October 2009
BORDER Harrier Jon Fletcher was the winner of the BodyFit 5km race staged at Cockermouth’s Grasmoor Sports Centre.
Fletcher clocked 16 minutes 48 seconds, bringing him home 21 seconds clear of Keswick Athletic Club’s Steve Hebblethwaite.
First woman was Tracy Park, of Cumberland Fell Runners, 10th overall in 20.48.
The category winners received vouchers for Temple Sport and for Craghill Boots Store.
Thanks go to all the marshals, helpers and timekeepers and to Paul Wilson, of Ellenborough AC, Pete Bland Sports of Kendal, and Joel Enoch, of Lucozade Sport.
There will be another 5km race on next year. Details will be posted on www.bodyfitperson altraining.co.uk
Results (top 10): 1, Jon Fletcher, Border Harriers, 16.48; 2, Steve Hebblethwaite, Keswick AC, 17.09; 3, Chris Knowles, Cumberland FR, 17.51; 4, Edward Bury, 18.51; 5, Phil Cueto, Derwent AC, 18.56; 6, Robin Orr, 19.05; 7, Howard Seal, Derwent AC, 19.27; 8, Gavin Davis, 20.29; 9, Quentin Merritt, Keswick AC, 20.30; 10, Tracy Park, Cumberland FR, 20.48.
First published at 19:35, Thursday, 15 October 2009
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Teenage Cumbrian motorcyclist airlifted after crash
- William Howard closing early today
- Homes Under the Hammer visits Brampton
- Carlisle Airport revamp will boost business, says Stobart boss Andrew Tinkler
- Magic in the air at Cumbrian wood
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Armed stand-off at Brampton pub
- Man charged with having extreme animal porn images
- England place
- Prince Edward visits Cumbria's New Balance trainer factory