Cumbrian OAP attacked by house burglar
Published at 11:17, Sunday, 06 May 2012
A pensioner was attacked after waking up to find a burglar in his house.
The 74-year-old had tried to stop the intruder fleeing the scene at Sleetbeck, Roadhead, near Brampton, at about 5.15am yesterday.
The burglar was said to be in his forties, with mousey coloured short hair and clean shaven.
He was wearing dark trousers, a jumper and smelled of alcohol.
He assaulted the 74-year-old man while trying to get away in a dark coloured hatchback or estate car that was parked on the drive.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Carlisle police on 101.
Published by http://old.newsandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Bert Gorman
- Marks & Spencer lodges new plans for Carlisle food hall
- True gent Paddy gets it all right
- Dangerous Ulverston criminal fails in jail term appeal
- Residents’ safety fears over Haverigg windfarm route (3 comments)
- Savile Row tailor opens shop in Brampton
- Brampton woman wins award for protecting red squirrels
- Cumbria Law Centre marks 21 years of turning desperation into hope
- Workington in Higson Cup final
- On the sunny side of the (Brampton) street
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Days in court recalled as prosecutor pens memoirs
- Keith’s having a laugh – no, really, he is!
- Saucy Cumbrian young farmers calendar raises cash for cancer charity
- From WWI body armour to the Brylcreem boy Denis Compton
- Suspended Cumbrian headmaster returns to work
- Bullies, bulimia and Barbie - Cumbria girl Deryn Green's story (16 comments)
- Diners enjoy gourmet experience on second night of Cumbria celebrity chef fundraiser
- Carlisle male voice choir closing because of membership fall
- Obituary - Les Lytollis, of Cockermouth (3 comments)