Come clean on Northern Rock bonuses
Last updated at 12:24, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Northern Rock has announced reduced losses in 2009, losing only £383 milllion.
Despite this the bank will pay out bonuses of £14.9m.
These can only be from the massive injection of UK taxpayers monies.
The Chief Executive Gary Hoffman has stated that he will waive his £700,000 bonus – an amount for service in one year that in itself is 35 years of income for someone earning £20,000 a year. These bonuses are nothing other than obscene.
It is time that Labour and the Tory opposition told us how they would end this culture.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Fab 50s night
- Bill for addicts far too much
- Cumbria Humanist Group
- Payment plea for CCTV monitoring service (1 comment)
- Free wi-fi access offers instant updates
- Sellafield workers want nuclear dump
- New windfarm could have teaching spin-off claims Lakes College boss
- Brampton film club celebrates new screen
- Lakes College hopes to have the X-Factor
- Man-of-the-year award for Ryan Winthrop
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Cumbrian mum, 49, looking forward to New Year's Eve baby
- News from Brampton Parish Council
- Cheryl Gartland and David Smith
- Brampton and Beyond Community Trust news
- Hospital opening times
- Brampton residents celebrate after threat of new homes removed
- Gerry and Kate McCann and the power of faith
- New chairman and three directors announced
- Shop Local: Find out what Brampton shops have to offer