Come clean on Northern Rock bonuses
Last updated at 12:24, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Northern Rock has announced reduced losses in 2009, losing only £383 milllion.
Despite this the bank will pay out bonuses of £14.9m.
These can only be from the massive injection of UK taxpayers monies.
The Chief Executive Gary Hoffman has stated that he will waive his £700,000 bonus – an amount for service in one year that in itself is 35 years of income for someone earning £20,000 a year. These bonuses are nothing other than obscene.
It is time that Labour and the Tory opposition told us how they would end this culture.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Rooftop cafe plan to revive Brampton's Moot Hall (1 comment)
- SWINE FLU: TIMELINE
- Maryport land early lead in season
- I’m really chuffed (1 comment)
- Savile Row tailor opens shop in Brampton
- Open Day at Open Spaces
- Acclaim for Brampton model-maker's latest creation
- What’s on
- Postponements causing fixture headache in Tesco Cumberland league
- Amy Bradberry and Daniel Tweddle
- WITH VIDEO: Dalton garage staff surprised as cheeky monkey checks in to refuel (50 comments)
- Call to dual A69 road after head-on crash near Brampton (22 comments)
- Headteacher suspended from Cumbrian school
- Penrith: Wednesday August 26
- Beauty with Julie Morgan
- Karl takes on his own Kiwis
- Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after Ulverston crash
- Brampton group’s members game for a good time
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Therapist in fundraising bid for Philippines family