Come clean on Northern Rock bonuses
Last updated at 12:24, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Northern Rock has announced reduced losses in 2009, losing only £383 milllion.
Despite this the bank will pay out bonuses of £14.9m.
These can only be from the massive injection of UK taxpayers monies.
The Chief Executive Gary Hoffman has stated that he will waive his £700,000 bonus – an amount for service in one year that in itself is 35 years of income for someone earning £20,000 a year. These bonuses are nothing other than obscene.
It is time that Labour and the Tory opposition told us how they would end this culture.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Shopping turned into art form by Cumbria university students
- Broughton Red Rose unable to pluck cup
- Hope of anniversary reopening for church damaged by blaze
- Mark shows some Steele to go through undefeated
- Pupils create stained glass window memorial to secretary
- All-terrain runners earn medals
- Gary’s guiding light
- Extra time heartbreak for Cockermouth
- The little loco that didn’t set the world on fire
- Behind every Christmas tree there lurks a tax collector
- Call to dual A69 road after head-on crash near Brampton (22 comments)
- Brampton Methodist Circuit
- Fears Workington schools merger could rip the heart out of Moorclose (31 comments)
- Magennis crowned Cumbria Challenge Eventing champion for second year
- Vandals tear down Welcome to Scotland sign south of Carlisle (121 comments)
- Brampton Shops Announce Shop Local Christmas Prize Draws
- Charles Ernest Oakley
- Firm but fair, Steve carved out a top career
- Young Falcon Nathan targets England slot
- Netherhall bag seven