Come clean on Northern Rock bonuses
Last updated at 12:24, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Northern Rock has announced reduced losses in 2009, losing only £383 milllion.
Despite this the bank will pay out bonuses of £14.9m.
These can only be from the massive injection of UK taxpayers monies.
The Chief Executive Gary Hoffman has stated that he will waive his £700,000 bonus – an amount for service in one year that in itself is 35 years of income for someone earning £20,000 a year. These bonuses are nothing other than obscene.
It is time that Labour and the Tory opposition told us how they would end this culture.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Promote Your Page Too
Click play below to see a selection of upcoming events. Click on the image to see full details...
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Denmark bring home Eurovision bacon as the UK must think again for 2014
- New talks over Cumbrian town's health centre plans
- Cumbrian pubs in General Election spotlight
- Tesco planning Brampton store (25 comments)
- North Cumbrian shop bucks internet trend
- Shop Local: Find out what Brampton shops have to offer
- NEW! Free Taster Days at the Community Centre
- Farewell to popular and much-loved Lanes newsagent Helen
- News from Brampton Parish Council